Mobile diesel pumping stations have several advantages, as compared with stationary under certain natural conditions:
- can be operated in the areas where there are no sources of electricity;
- high efficiency of operating, ensuring watering of lands timely;
- possibility to change the installation location quickly, depending on water levels in the source. This is important factor when working in flood-prone areas, and when sprinkler machines should be moved;
- the ability to use DPS within an irrigation season on a few (2-3) irrigated areas distant from each other, and in autumn-winter period for water supply, desalinization of lands, water supply and filling water reservoirs, etc.;
- no need for assembly and disassembly of pumping equipment during the spring and autumn floods;
- reduction in capital and operating costs, as well as saving of building materials. The great advantage of diesel pumping stations as compared with stations driven by an electric motor is the ability to increase or decrease productivity and pressure by means of changing of engine’s speed.
Please take into account that installing of mobile diesel pumping station at the bluff bank must not be closer than 1.5 meters from the edge of the shore, as the vibration in a result of the work of the station can cause the failure. The water depth at the site of submersion of receiving filter of suction pipe should be such that the layer of water above upper flange of the filter would not be at least 0.4-0.5 m to avoid the formation of craters and soakage of air into the suction pipe. From the bottom of the receiving filter to the bottom of the source must be at least 0.3 m height in order to avoid suction of soil particles in the pipeline.
Here one can find the characteristics of diesel pumping stations.